Wardrobe Diary: Oh teal how I love thee

Wardrobe Diary: Oh teal how I love thee

09.08.2011 (c)

09.08.2011 (b)

09.08.2011 (e)09.08.2011 (f)09.08.2011 (d)

♦ Dress: Addition-Elle ♦ Petticoat: Originals  ♦ Cardigan: Forever21 ♦ Belt: Torrid ♦
♦ OTK Grey Socks: Sock Dreams ♦ Boots: Fluevog ♦ Earrings: Lavishy ♦

This is not what I wore today, because today I’ve been wrapped in a coral pink bathrobe eating soup and lying under a blanket with a cold.  These photos are from over a month ago but I thought I would still share them with you because I kind of have a crush on my new boots.

You see, when I saw these boots on the Fluevog website I knew immediately they just seem to embody my style. With their lacing and mini heel, not to mention the fantastic colour combination of teal, grey and black.  I had been searching for a pair of teal coloured boots for a couple of years now and when Fluevog introduced these babies I knew I wanted them.

This was their inaugural outfit and I love how they perfectly match my favourite teal paisley dress. I am a sucker for a perfectly matched outfit, heck I even layered my earrings to so that my owl had a teal moon behind him. What about you, have you ever fallen for a pair of shoes that just seemed to embody your sense of style?

15 Comments

1. Literal Gemini 8 years ago

Those boots are fierce. Wow, I really like them, and I love how they do match your dress. This is a beautiful outfit…

Literalgemini.blogspot.com

2. Kelsey 8 years ago

That dress! Those boots!! There’s a Fluevog store here in Seattle that I’ve been avoiding like the plague. I just know that if I even set one little toe in that store we’ll be eating ramen for the rest of the year. And I like food. =P

This outfit is SO cute!!!! I’m fashion crushing hardcore over here. =)

• Author
      nicole 8 years ago

Aww you’re so sweet! I hear you on avoiding the stores when budgets are tight, I only let myself in the fluevog store about once every 6 months or so because otherwise I would be eating saltines and peanut butter 😉

3. Shannon 8 years ago

ACK! I so want those! They look so fab on you!!!

• Author
      nicole 8 years ago

When I picked these up I thought of you Shannon! They have a brown/mustard yellow version but I liked these ones better. 😉

4. Lexi 8 years ago

OMG I am so in love with your look and your dress. Did you get it recently from Addition-elle or awhile ago? I absolutely love love your style.

• Author
      nicole 8 years ago

Thank you Lexi! This dress is actually a few years old but if I happen to come across something similar I’ll be sure to share it here!

5. Shannon 8 years ago

GORGEOUS outfit.

Oh wow, I love those boots. I’ve been coveting a pair of Fluevogs forever, but I have really thick calves, so I doubt they would fit me. Boo, sad face.

• Author
      nicole 8 years ago

Sad face indeed! A lot of their shoes don’t work for me since I have wide feet, so I can certainly feel your pain 🙁 You might be able to get away with these since they are lace up, and also the Sugar Minis work well for a lot of folks with larger calves since you can lace them up on the sides.

• Rosalind 8 years ago

Actually, I have really thick calves, and I bought the Mini Lover boots in Lilac. I replaced the laces with something longer (and bright yellow!), so I was able to get them to the point where not only did they fit, but there was actually some wiggle room between the boots and my jeggings. I have to stop going to Fluevog though – every time I go I end up with a new pair of shoes!

6. Em Fabulous 8 years ago

Another stellar outfit!!! Love it!

7. Megan 8 years ago

So glad you got those boots. They are perfect for you!