Red Blue Birds

Red Blue Birds

June 6, 2011 (A)

June 6, 2011 (B)

June 6, 2011 (C)June 6, 2011 (D)

♦  Dress: eShakti  ♦  Cropped Cardigan & Belt: Torrid  ♦  Crinoline: Originals  ♦  Shoes: Fluevog  ♦

Let me tell you, the weekend that just passed was a bit of a whirlwind. It was Rue Morgue’s Festival of Fear at the FanExpo which meant there was a tonne of prep work to be done beforehand, we had guests all weekend and now I am just trying to play catch up with laundry and well…life.  You know I had the best intentions of posting photos last month but it just did not happen. I think I debate far too much on what I am going to write for these outfit posts and it occurred to me that I really do not have to write all that much.

So, here I am in one of my favourite eShakti dresses. I love the print with the adorable blue birds on the cherry red fabric. I was wearing this dress pretty frequently at least until I managed to spill oil and possibly an entire beer on it in Jamaica. What can I say, my workmates really know how to party.  I still really love it though with its full skirt, POCKETS, boat neck in the front and V neck in the back. For now it will have to be an outfit reserved for concerts in dark clubs.

6 Comments

1. Monika 7 years ago

WoW!!! GORGEOUS model, dress, shoes! Love it all!!

2. Robyn 7 years ago

That’s a great dress! What’s it made of? If it’s washable, try rubbing plain dishsoap into the oil stains — leave overnight — wash normally. 90% of the time it works…

3. Author
    nicole 7 years ago

Thanks Monika! You are always so sweet :)

And Thanks for the tip Robyn! The dress is cotton so hopefully the dishsoap trick will work! I tried the baking powder one where you leave it overnight to try and soak up the oil but no luck. Hopefully the dishsoap will work out better :)

4. Megan 7 years ago

…when next we meet in Frankenstone
    Don’t come alone….

Looks like you had mega fun! Meeting Guillermo del Toro must have been amazing.

• Author
      nicole 7 years ago

Haha awesome you got the reference! It was a great time and Guillermo was so incredibly kind. I love him!

5. Megan 7 years ago

I was a huge Hilarious House of Frightenstein fan. Used to watch it on CHCH TV 11 when I was a kid. Nothing like it!