First I wanted to apologize to the people that have left me comments. They were lost in about 300+ spam comments that I just got around to moderating. Honestly, I’ll try to keep more on top of those nasty buggers.
Now on to the 4:30 in the morning post from the birthday girl.
I turned 30 today. And of course I can’t sleep. Instead things have been running through my head about what it means to me to be 30. Do I feel different, more mature, older, wiser? Not really. But after reflecting over the last three decades this is what I’ve learned.
1. When you honestly love someone that love never goes away. It merely changes. Sometimes it changes into friendship or into anger but you will always have feelings for that person.
2. Your parents are not perfect. They are people who sometimes fuck up. That’s a hard lesson to learn.
3. Everyone should have a time in their life when they go wild. Live your secret desires or you will one day regret not doing it when you had the chance.
4. I have been absolutely blessed with true friendships that I know will last a life time. Do not neglect your friends when you are in a relationship. Your relationship should include everyone that you love.
5. My sisters are parts of me. I love them unconditionally even when I’m mad or pissed off with them.
6. Never go to bed without telling the one you are with that you love them. When you stop doing that the love fades away.
7. Even though I’m an adult I still eat dinners that consists of nothing but junk food.
8. Children can be mean and cruel as well as sweet and innocent. Pay attention to your child and don’t allow the television or video games to act as a surrogate.
9. A woman should always walk down the street with keys in her hands in case she is attacked. Almost everyone woman I know has been attacked or sexually assaulted. That’s a scary thing that many men do not understand. It’s a hard truth but women all live with at least a little fear.
10. Cyberlife will take a back seat when the life you live in the real world is going well. Sorry to those I have neglected but there is just not enough time.
11. Manicures and pedicures are a luxury every woman should treat herself to at least once a year.
12. Truly loving someone does not mean changing who you are to suit them. But seeing yourself grow into a better person because you are with them.
13. Loving your body, despite all of its flaws is one of the most difficult things to do in this life. Own your self-esteem and love yourself. You can’t expect someone else to love something that you hate.
14. Everything in this world is a compromise. Work, love and friendships all need to be negotiated. You just have to find the terms that makes everyone happy.
15. My dog is my baby and I love the little bat eared creature.
16. The world can be an ugly and brutal place but if you change the way you look at it you can see the beauty that it has to offer. It is your choice on how you want to see the world that surrounds you.
17. Don’t live your life for the future, telling yourself that in a year, two years, or even a month that things will change. They won’t until you take action and responsibility for your decisions.
18. Wisdom does not come with age but with experience.
19. Do not give someone advice unless it is asked for and if you do give it, do not lecture. Who the hell wants to listen to a know it all?
20. “If you follow your bliss, you will always have your bliss, money or not. If you follow money, you may lose it, and you will have nothing.” – Joseph Campbell
21. Reading is one of my greatest passions, and rarely will you find me without a book in my purse.
22. Dancing can make you feel like the only person in the room and the sexiest damn creature that ever existed.
23. Everyone should have goals in their life. It can be something small or large, but what is the point of living without something to drive you?
24. When someone loves you, you have the power to hurt them deeply. Be careful of what you say because once spoken, words can not be taken back.
25. Not everyone will like you no matter how nice of a person you are or how sweet you may be. You will always have enemies.
26. When you’re jealous of someone it’s because you see something in them that you feel you lack in yourself. Try and learn from that once the bitter resentment fades.
27. I will always be that shy little girl that used to get beaten up every day in grade school. Because of that I always do my best to try to make others feel comfortable.
28. People will always surprise me with the wealth of knowledge they hold within themselves and the beauty that they sometimes can’t see. Try to do your best to bring that beauty out of people and you will see something within yourself that just may surprise you.
29. Finding someone that you love, that will treat you with respect and dignity is a treasure. It needs to be polished and shaped and continually worked on for it to truly sparkle but in the end when you lay down beside that person and your soul feels at rest you know you have found it. I’m a lucky one.
30. Try not to drink two glasses of diet coke past midnight because otherwise you may be up at four in the morning stating the obvious.